Brownie Awards 2018
The winners of the 2018 Brownie Awards were revealed during on November 21st at the Delta Toronto hotel at an awards gala hosted by the Canadian Brownfields Network (CBN) and Actual Media Inc.
The winners were selected from the 44 projects from across Canada that were nominated in six categories of recognition: REPROGRAM, REMEDIATE, REINVEST, REBUILD, RENEW and REACH OUT. The evening also included awards for Best Small, Best Large, and Best Overall Project, the winners for which were chosen from the 44 nominated projects.
The event culminated with the awarding of the Brownfielder of the Year, which recognizes individual excellence in the industry.
Special thanks to our judges
CBN and Actual Media extend our deepest thanks to the judges.
- Krista Barfoot, Jacobs
- Stephanie Bohdanow, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Chris de Sousa, Ryerson University
- Pamela Kraft, Toronto Transit Commission
- Andrew Macklin, ReNew Canada
- Glenn Miller, Canadian Urban Institute
- Monisha Nandi, Kilmer Brownfield Management
- Michel Poirier, New Brunswick & Atlantic PIRI
- Eric Pringle, Milestone Environmental Contracting
- John Stephenson, Ontario Association of Architects
- Grant Walsom, XCG Environmental Engineers & Scientists