Brownie Awards 2019
The winners of the 2019 Brownie Awards were revealed during on November 26th at the Delta Toronto hotel at an awards gala hosted by the Canadian Brownfields Network (CBN) and Actual Media Inc.
The winners were selected from projects across Canada that were nominated in six categories of recognition: REPROGRAM, REMEDIATE, REINVEST, REBUILD, RENEW and REACH OUT. The evening also included awards for Best Large, Best Small, and Best Overall Project, the winners which were chosen from the nominated projects.
The event culminated with the awarding of the Brownfielder of the Year, which recognizes individual excellence in the industry.
Special thanks to our judges
CBN and Actual Media extend our deepest thanks to the judges.
- Monisha Nandi, Partner, Kilmer Group, Chair of the Judging Panel
- Grant Walsom, XCG
- Katie Kurtin, Kathleen Kurtin Architect
- Tina Karfa, OAA
- Evelyn Bostwick, Stantec
- Pamela Kraft, Toronto Transit Commission
- Chris De Sousa, Ryerson University, CBN Director
- Krista Barfoot, Jacobs Engineering, CBN Director
- Glenn Miller, Canadian Urban Institute
- Stephanie Bohdanow, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Eric Pringle, Milestone Contracting, CBN Past President
- Andrew Macklin, Actual Media